Thursday, January 12, 2006

FavIcon from Pics

Ever wonder how other web sites display the miniature icon in the URL line, like Blogger's orange and white B? FavIcon from Pics allows you to upload the picture/graphic you want to be the icon, converts it to a 16x16 format. Then it shows you what it will look like. You like it, you can download it in a zip file. You don't, upload a different pic and see how it goes. It will even give you an animated icon, but I thought that was too cheesy.

It also gives you the link to get the .ico to work. I would have published it here, but Blogger wouldn't let me post HTML. I put the line in the Style Configuration section of each page, below the link to my .css stylesheet. If you're going to validate it W3C XHTML Trans., don't forget to put the /> to close the link.